Thursday, October 27, 2011

Check your smoke alarms


About 8.30pm on Tuesday night, the Fire Brigade responded to several 000 emergency calls about a house fire in McKellar. The occupant got out, but several vehicles in the garage were destroyed, and the house itself has extensive damage. When we drove past yesterday afternoon there were a number of police forensic vehicles parked along the road, and investigators doing their thing.

A good lesson for our kids not to play with matches, and a reminder for everyone to check their smoke alarms.

2 comments:

Steffe said...

I did play with matches as a kid. And I caused a forest fire as a teenager with a cigarette.I should check the smoke alarm now.

Susana said...

Wow I know that place. My bestie from primary school lived in McKellar, so we used to zip past this place on the way. Big old school wog palace. Pity to see it damaged by fire :(